Covers a range of unexpected events
Policies cover a wide range of events that could lead to cancelling a trip. The specific events that are covered are listed on pages 46-47 in the product disclosure statement, and include:
- you are unable to start or finish the trip because a member of your travelling party or a relative (who is a resident of Australia or New Zealand) dies or suffers a seriously illness or injury;
- your flight has been cancelled or restricted because of severe weather, natural disaster, riot or civil insurrection;
- your prepaid accommodation has been destroyed by severe weather or natural disaster and no alternative accommodation is available;
- you are involved in, or delayed by, a car, train, plane or boat accident or incident; or
- a wedding, conference, prepaid concert, or ticketed sporting event which was the sole purpose of the trip has been cancelled.