Emergency assistance included with policies is provided by nib International Assist, helping you to contend with emergencies and get back home safely if something unexpected occurs while travelling abroad.
nib International Assist can be contacted at any time (24 hours a day, 7 days a week), from wherever you are in the world. Toll free numbers are provided for more than 25 countries (full list of countries and toll free numbers), or where there is no toll free number available for the country you will be visiting a reverse charges number can be used.
nib International Assist has the experience and global reach to assist with all types of emergencies that can be difficult to deal with on your own when overseas. Their team includes doctors, paramedics and nurses - as well as dedicated phone operators who are fully trained and have the necessary resources to assist you through whatever the emergency may be. Whether you have a medical emergency or your trip has been disrupted, nib International Assist is available to provide invaluable assistance and advice in any number of emergency situations that could arise.
- Providing advice in emergency situations
- Assessing and monitoring your condition and treatment if you are injured or become unwell
- Arranging evacuation, or repatriation to Australia
- Making sure hospital and medical bills are paid
- Arranging interpreters in non-English speaking countries
- Helping to make new arrangements if your travel plans have been disrupted
- Assisting with the replacement of lost passports or travel documents
You must contact nib International Assist as soon as possible where you expect that the cost of medical expenses, or the cost of cancelling or rearranging your trip, will exceed $2,000. Cover for medical or non-medical evacuation and repatriation is subject to the prior consent of nib International Assist. For full terms and conditions, please refer to the product disclosure statement.